A black and silver themed party is a classic decor idea for any fancy gathering. Utilising these two colours, when planning for your next party, can give your party just the right amount of sparkle to wow guests. This decor theme is great for sophisticated gatherings, such as award show parties or even a birthday party. If you want to plan a black and silver themed party, learn the easy tips, steps and ideas to doing so.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Black card stock
- Silver glitter
- Silver gel pen
- Black tablecloth
- Silver sash (same length as your tablecloth, but half of its width)
- Black serving dishes
- Black streamers
- Silver streamers
- 1 black balloon
- 1 silver balloon
- Grape Kool-Aid
Make black and silver invites. You can do this easily by buying black card stock and cutting it into squares, then putting a line of glue around the edges and sprinkling the edges with silver glitter. Use a silver gel pen to write out the invites. Include what kind of attire, think casual, formal or semi-formal, that you want, and then send out invites.
Decorate your main table, whether it be a dinner party table or simply an appetizer table. Throw on a black tablecloth, then throw on a silver cloth that is half the size of the black tablecloth in width, but the same length. Place it running down the centre of your table so that you have a black tablecloth with a silver streak running down the middle.
Lay out black serving dishes or plates. You can buy plastic ones for relatively cheap at most party stores, or you can buy cheap porcelain plates of any colour and spray paint them black, then shellac them so that the paint doesn't chip. For silverware, obviously use typical silver knives, forks and spoons.
Twist together black and silver streamers, and then hang them across the main room of your party. Hang them diagonally from one corner of the room to the other, then repeat with the two remaining corners, so that your streams criss-cross each other in the centre of the room.
Blow up a black balloon and a silver one, and tack them into the ceiling in the centre of the room where the streamers cross each other. Tack up the criss-crossed area of your streamers with the balloons, to avoid streamers drooping down too low and bothering guests.
Mix together one part grape Kool Aid with two parts yellow lemonade to make a black punch for your party. Purchase plastic or silver wine goblets from your local party store, or again, you can spray paint goblets silver and shellac them.
Tips and warnings
- If you plan on serving a cake at your party, use black frosting, and decorate it with silver sugar balls, both of which you can find at your local grocery store.
- For a fun twist, purchase silver plates, plastic or real, or spray paint porcelain plates silver and use plastic black utensils instead.
- Another fun idea, to add some live art to your party, is to hire a few people, or ask some friends, to cover themselves completely with black and silver body paint and use them as appetizer servers or living sculptures at your party.
- You can also purchase fake black and white flowers to put in vases around your party area, or you can buy black and white candles to add some soft lighting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for