Selling unwanted clothes online is a good way to make extra money and make room in your closet. E-commerce auction websites have a potential marketplace of millions of users. The cost to advertise your products on these websites are usually low.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Digital camera
Take three photos of the jeans you want to sell. It does not matter which online auction website or market place you choose, each one always requires at least one photo of the product that you are selling. Show the entire pair of jeans in one picture, another should show the brand label and tags close up and the final photo should show any wear and tear.
Create a sale listing for your jeans. Whichever auction site you choose, you must usually include pictures, a description of your item, payment details and any specific information relevant to the product you're selling.
For example, when you are selling a pair of jeans you must include the size (waist and inseam), the style (straight leg/boot leg/skinny jeans, etc.) and the condition (brand new/worn/in need of repair, etc).
Set a Buy Now price if the website you are using allows you to. Most auction and market place sites let customers bid on your item until the auction time has run out---the highest bidder wins. A Buy Now price, however, lets your customer purchase the jeans immediately without bidding and waiting for the auction to end.
Follow the exchange procedure of the website once you have sold your jeans. You must also follow the payment details outlined in your product description. For example, you may have to send the jeans to the customer within a certain amount of time after the auction ends. Likewise, the customer must send the money within a specific time frame.
Tips and warnings
- Set a realistic Buy Now price. The Buy Now price should tempt bidders to spend a little more money and take the product now, not change their mind about the product because the price is too high.
- When you are taking photos of your jeans, make the backgrounds plain and simple. Bidders will be drawn to the jeans and not distracted by something else in the picture.
- Always upload accurate photos of your products when selling them; sites such as eBay and eBid prosecute members quite heavily if the products do not match the pictures.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for