Baking soda has many uses, including baking and deodorising. It can also be helpful in oral hygiene. Baking soda can be used to clean and whiten teeth, and it can also serve as a mouthwash.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Small bowl
Brush your teeth with a homemade baking soda paste. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt in a small bowl with just enough water to make a paste. Brush your teeth with the paste, as you usually would with a commercial preparation.
Gargle with a homemade baking soda mouthwash. Mix 236ml. of water and 1/2 tsp of baking soda; rinse mouth with mixture to fight bacteria and cavities and improve gum health.
Whiten your teeth with baking soda. According to Whiter Teeth Whitening, baking is a great maintenance tool to keep your teeth healthy and white. Baking soda can help remove stains from ageing, coffee, smoking or wine. Combine a few drops of hydrogen peroxide with a large spoonful of baking soda in a cup. Brush your teeth with the whitening paste and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly and brush with a fluoride-enriched toothpaste to help protect your teeth.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't want to make your own toothpaste, just sprinkle some baking soda on top of your regular toothpaste.
- When whitening your teeth with the homemade baking soda whitener, be sure to cover each tooth evenly and thoroughly.
- Do not use the baking soda on your teeth more than once every other week. Its abrasive nature can damage tooth enamel if overused.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for