If you clean watch parts or clock parts on a regular basis, ultrasonic solution can become expensive. Because you use it in large amounts and dispose of it after every use for best results, you can save money by making it yourself, especially if you are using it for commercial purposes. If you are creating homemade ultrasound solution to save money, order your ingredients in large quantities.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Purified water
- 1 gallon plastic container with lid
- 118ml. Oleic acid
- 113gr commercial acetone
- Long-handled plastic spoon
- 118ml liquid dish soap
- 227gr ammonia (27 per cent strength/commercial)
Add 118ml of Oleic acid and 113gr of commercial acetone to one-half gallon of purified water in a one gallon plastic container and stir well with a long-handled plastic spoon.
Mix in 118ml of liquid dish soap until blended.
Add 227gr of commercial ammonia, 27 per cent strength, and mix until the solution is blended.
Store in the plastic container until ready to use in the ultrasonic cleaning machine.
When ready to use, mix with purified water at a one to one ratio. Replace the cover on the plastic container and store remaining homemade solution for the next use.
Tips and warnings
- Ingredients can be purchased in a variety of sizes through chemical supply companies.
- Wear rubber gloves and mix the solution in a well-ventilated area, preferably outside. Commercial grade ammonia fumes can cause damage to eyes and nasal passages.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for