Mounting a poster on foam board provides a sturdy backing that prevents the poster from drooping. Foam board is an excellent backing because of its weight, stability and ease in cutting. The easiest and quickest way to mount a poster on foam board is by using spray adhesive.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Foam board
- Spray adhesive
- X-acto knife
Cut the foam board to the exact measurements of the poster using the X-acto knife. Loosely roll the poster into a tube with the front picture on the inside.
Spray the front of the foam board with spray adhesive. Line the edge of the poster to the edge of the foam board and unroll onto the tacky surface.
Press the poster to the foam board beginning in the middle, working toward the outside edges. Smooth and flatten out any air bubbles or wrinkles. Let dry for 30 minutes before hanging.
Tips and warnings
- A poster mounted on foam board can be placed in a frame or hung without framing. Place a fabric hang tab on the back of the foam board to hang without framing.
- Do not spray the spray adhesive directly in the face. Read the directions and warnings for clean-up and precautions. The over spray will cause any surface to become sticky. Newspaper is an excellent item to put down under the foam board before spraying with adhesive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for