Aluminium window frames can last a lifetime if cared for properly. However, window frames are subjected to the weather and can easily collect dirt and grime. Cleaning your aluminium window frame is a relatively simple job that can prolong the life of the frame and keep the exterior of your home looking clean. Aluminium window frames--whether painted or not--can be cleaned with a solution of water and dish washing detergent. However, do not clean the window frame if it is hot to the touch or if the temperature is 10 degrees Celsius or below.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Warm water
- Mild dish-washing liquid
- 2 soft cloths
Create a solution of one gallon of warm water and 1/2 cup of mild dish-washing liquid. Alternatively, use a mild commercial cleaner that is safe for painted surfaces.
Saturate a soft cloth in the mixture. Rub the aluminium frames in a back-and-forth motion.
Rinse the window frames with a clean cloth saturated in clean water.
Wipe the aluminium window frames with a clean, dry cloth to remove the water.
Tips and warnings
- Clean window frames before cleaning the window itself.
- Apply a coat of lacquer to aluminium window frames to protect them for weathering.
- Do not use scouring pads to clean aluminium window frames.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for