A report of progress is commonly referred to as a progress report. These reports are typically written to provide an update about the status of a project that has not been completed. Projects that need progress reports are generally long term as opposed to a project that can be completed in a few weeks. The type of project can vary. Projects that have progress reports could be construction projects, major repair projects, funding projects or testing projects. A report of progress can be well written by following a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Write a title for your progress report. Include the name of the project, the author's name and the time period covered by the report.
Follow the title with an introductory section. Include the purpose of the project, including a project description and the purpose of the report. Mention previous progress reports and their dates if any have been written.
Include a section on progress. This is the main body of the report. Provide a general overview of the work that has been completed within the reporting period. Report problems and how they were overcome. Provide a rough percentage of the amount of work that has been completed.
Add a section on expectations. Explain how the rest of the project is expected to proceed and if there expected difficulties. If there are additional needs that project workers need, add them here.
Finish the progress report with a conclusion. This should be a brief summary of what has been written in the progress report and functions to bring together different points made in the report if necessary.
Tips and warnings
- When a report of progress is written about the project, it is important to give the reader enough information to satisfy customer requirements.
- Try to visualize who the readers of the report will be. Use a level of language that is appropriate for the audience.
- Glossing over difficulties on a project in a progress report could jeopardize the integrity of the final report when the project is completed and the final report written.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for