Online invitations have become increasingly popular in recent years, and wedding invitations are no exception. While sending a wedding invitation through e-mail might seem impersonal, it's possible to personalise evites to such a degree that they can look just as good or better than their paper counterparts. What's more, having the invitation sent via e-mail ensures guests will not lose their hard copy, plus you'll save money on the printing and postage in the process.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- E-mail addresses for all guests
- Online wedding invitation company
- Invitation design template
Create the guest list for your wedding, and collect e-mail addresses for all guests. Gathering e-mail addresses can take some time, so enlist help from family or even bridesmaids. Make sure all addresses are correct to ensure no one misses out on the official invite.
Select an online wedding invitation company. Evite is by far the most popular and the most widely used. As a result, it has the widest range of options for sending out invitations. Other online invitation companies, such as Pingg, exist and provide an increasing variety of choices in sending out online invitations.
Once you've settled on a site, locate the link for weddings and select a design template. You will see a list of images that show you what the invitation will look like. Browse through these, clicking on the different images that interest you until you select your favourite.
Fill in the required details for the wedding. You will be prompted to provide a title or name for the event, such as "John and Jane's Beach Wedding," and then you will need to complete the hosting and location details. At the end of the invitation, you will have the option of including a message to all guests. If there are important details about the wedding you need to convey (including parking issues, directions for travel, and so forth), be sure to use this area to add pertinent information.
Select the option for RSVP on the invitation site. Doing so allows guests to respond immediately, enabling you to keep an accurate count.
Add the guest list by selecting "Add Guests." You will be able to upload from an e-mail address book, import from a previously saved event, or cut and paste from another document.
Include any extra options to the invitation (such as music), and send the electronic invitation to all guests. Evite provides the added option of allowing you to send the invitation to a guest's phone, so be sure to determine which guests might prefer this option.
Tips and warnings
- Evite provides the extra option of linking gift registry to the invitation. Since a paper invitation would likely include a list of places where the bride and groom are registered, this can be a very useful option for electronic invitations.
- Most online invitation sites allow you to customise the invitations. If you have a particular image that you'd like to include, be sure to upload it as you are creating the invitation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for