An electronic greeting card is a digital greeting card that is created and sent via the Internet, commonly called an eCard. They replace the traditional paper greeting cards, just as e-mail replaced traditional snail mail. Celebrate and share the joy of the holidays and other special occasions with people important you by sending them personalised greeting eCards. Creating and sending free greeting eCards can be done in a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open a Web browser and navigate to a website that allows users to create greeting cards online. Enter the keywords "send ecard" on your favourite search engine to find websites that provide this service.
Browse the list of templates and choose the one you like. Preview the whole eCard to see if the message and the design is appropriate for the occasion. You may search for other templates by entering keywords to narrow down your search.
Type your message on the space provided for you. Preview your eCard when you are done typing your message. Edit it as much as you like, until you are satisfied with what you have.
Enter the email address of the recipient. If you wish to send the card to multiple recipients, you can do so by entering their e-mail addresses as well. Select the time and date you want the eCards sent. Click on the "Send eCard" prompt when you are finished.
Tips and warnings
- There are websites that send notifications whenever the eCards you sent have been viewed. This will assure you that the person has received and read the card.
- Some websites allow you to create eCards for free, while others require a fee before you can personalise ready-made eCard templates. If you are using a free eCard service, the message space may be limited unless you pay a fee. Some websites require users to become a member of the website before being given access to the eCards.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for