Buying costumes can be expensive, especially if you wear them only once. If you buy a few key items and spend some time making a costume at home, you'll save money. Plus, you will have the added satisfaction of knowing you created a great, one-of-a-kind costume on your own. Most of the materials you'll need to make a muscle suit costume should already be in your home.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Bag of polyester stuffing
- Flesh-coloured shirt
- Flesh-coloured trousers
- Brown marker
- Brown paint
Pull apart the polyester stuffing so it can be easily shaped.
Put on the flesh-coloured shirt and stuff the polyester stuffing into the arms to form biceps. Put more stuffing into the chest area to make pectoral muscles.
Put on the flesh-coloured trousers. Use the polyester stuffing to form leg muscles.
Outline the shapes of the muscles with a brown marker or brown paint.
Put on a pair of workout shorts over the flesh-coloured trousers. Complete the look with socks and sneakers.
Tips and warnings
- A flesh-coloured sweatsuit or long johns can be used in place of a shirt and trousers. You can make your own barbell by painting a paper towel roll black and attaching a black balloon to either end.
- You might want to purchase an additional bag of polyester stuffing so you don't run out of muscle material as you make your costume.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for