Snow is magical to children. The billowing white falling flakes pile up to an amazing cold weather play land. Kids can spend hours making snowmen, snow angels and running through the snow. The fun does not have to end when the warm temperatures arrive. With some creativity and imagination you can create your own version of winter during any season.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large bucket
- Plastic tarp
- Sodium polyacrylate crystals
- Measuring cup
Purchase sodium polyacrylate crystals. They can be found online or at your local lawn and garden supply store.
Set up your snow area. Choose a location inside or outside. Spread a large plastic tarp across the ground and set a large bucket in the middle of the tarp.
Place 1 cup of the sodium polyacrylate crystals in a large bucket. Very slowly add water, mixing it with the crystals. The crystals are very water absorbent and their reaction with the water will be almost immediate. Adding the water too quickly can result in slush instead of snow.
Continue adding crystals and water slowly and mixing well until you have produced your desired amount of fake snow.
Clean up when snow play is over. Sweep up the fake snow and dispose of it in a dustbin.
Tips and warnings
- Sodium polyacrylate crystals are non-toxic. That does not make them edible. Do not place crystals or fake snow in the mouth, nose, eyes or ears.
- Read all safety instructions and precautions on the sodium polyacrylate crystals label.
- Adult supervision is required during production of and play with this fake snow.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for