The REMstar Plus CPAP is a medical device which provides continuous positive airway pressure to those who hold their breath while sleeping (apnoea) and ensures adequate breathing throughout the night. CPAP equipment is available by prescription and is delivered to your home with preset pressure, elevation and ramp levels, if applicable, to comply with physician orders. Many settings, however, can be adjusted at home for personal comfort.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- REMstart Plus CPAP System
- User manual
Plug in the unit. Press the 'Ramp' button until the device beeps, which starts the set-up menu. Ensure that the airflow is turned off. Press the 'Pressure' button if needed to turn the airflow off. Skip the pressure use indicator screen by pressing the 'right' user button to go to the next screen.
Adjust the alert tone, which beeps if an air leak is detected, if desired. Elect to turn the alert tone on or off by choosing the '1' for on, or '0' for off. Press the 'Ramp' button to toggle to your choice, and then press the 'right' user button to go to the next screen.
Adjust the button lights which allow you to have the user buttons illuminated while the airflow is on, making it easier to use the CPAP during the night. Elect to turn the button lights on or off by pressing the 'Ramp' button to choose '1' for on, or '0' for off. Press the 'right' user button to go to the next screen.
Press the 'right' user button until you reach the elevation settings. Adjust the elevation of your environment to allow your CPAP to work effectively, if it has not already been preset for you. Choose '1' for elevation under 2,500 feet, '2' for elevation 2,500 to 5,000 feet or '3' for elevation over 5,000 feet. Press the 'Ramp' button to toggle to your elevation choice, then press the 'right' user button to go to the next screen.
Adjust the ramp feature, which allows the CPAP to gradually increment pressure up to your therapeutic level, if you feel the preset setting is too low or to high for you. Press the 'Ramp' button to adjust the level up or down.
Tips and warnings
- Your REMstar CPAP may have been prescribed with a C-Flex option, which allows you to set the level of air pressure relief you feel upon exhaling while wearing the CPAP mask. You can lower or raise this level by using the 'ramp' button to toggle your setting choice in the appropriate C-Flex screen.
- Consult your physician if your environmental elevation is above 7,500 feet, as the device may not function effectively.
- You may not be able to adjust the pressure setting on your REMstar Plus, as pressure is prescribed by a physician and usually preset into the machine by the home medical company that supplied your CPAP equipment. Call your physician for guidance before attempting to change pressure settings. Changing the pressure yourself may result in health issues, as well as problems with insurance and Medicare reimbursement for CPAP equipment and treatment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for