Ceramic flower pots, such as terra-cotta, are among the most common pots used in gardening. Sun, rain and frosty temperatures can take a toll on ceramic flower pots, causing them to crack or break. There's no need to constantly buy new pots when you can easily repair the ones you have. Waterproof silicone caulking is an effective repair material because it's actually meant for outdoor use. That means once you use it to fix cracks in your ceramic pots, your efforts will last a long time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Waterproof silicone caulking
- Metal shim
- Kitchen twine or metal wire
Clean the ceramic flower pot and dry it thoroughly.
Insert a thin shim into the crack to pry it open slightly.
Apply waterproof silicone caulk to the crack, then take out the shim.
Tie a piece of kitchen twine around the pot to hold the crack closed, or use a length of wire. Whatever you have handy.
Allow the silicone to dry for the length of time the manufacturer suggests.
Remove the kitchen twine or wire from around the pot.
How to Fix a Crack in a Ceramic Flower Pot
Tips and warnings
- Cracks are easier to repair when they're small. Don't wait for a crack to get any bigger!
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for