Sweet potato fries are delicious and very easy to make. They are much healthier than regular potato fries, as they are oven roasted instead of deep fried. Sweet potatoes also provide high levels of vitamin A and beta-carotene. Surprise dinner guests with an expected, healthy appetizer.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- 3 tsp lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 218 degrees C.
Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into inch-thick roundels, and then cut these roundels vertically to make fries.
Add these fries to a bowl, and drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle a little salt over the fries, and toss to mix.
Line a cookie sheet with foil, and coat it evenly with olive oil cooking spray. Spread the fries in a single layer on the sheet, and place the cookie sheet inside the oven at mid-level for 15 minutes. Toss the fries every 5 minutes.
Set the oven on high broil, and let the fries crisp for 5 minutes at the top level. Turn off the oven, and carefully add the hot fries to a bowl.
Add salt, chilli flakes and lemon juice to the bowl. Shake the bowl to evenly coat the fries. Serve with ketchup or mustard.
Tips and warnings
- You may toss the fries with a variety of condiments, such as black pepper, ground cumin or citric acid.
- Add the seasoning while the fries are still hot so it sticks better.
- Keep an eye on the fries when on high broil.
- Baking time may vary with the quantity of fries.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for