The Logitech G25 racing wheel allows PC gamers to add an extra layer of realism and immersion to racing games. The wheel, which comes packaged with accelerators and a gear shifter, mimics the controls of a real racing car, complete with force feedback effects that simulate resistance when driving on tough terrain. One of the games that makes the best of the G25's features is Atari's arcade-style racing simulator, Test Drive Unlimited. A quick set-up will allow you to get the most out of your G25 racing wheel with Test Drive Unlimited.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Logitech G25 racing wheel
- Logitech G25 set-up CD
- PC running Test Drive Unlimited
Insert the set-up CD for your racing wheel. Click "Install."
Connect your G25 racing wheel to the USB port of your computer when prompted.
Launch Test Drive Unlimited.
Go to Test Drive Unlimited's "Options" screen and select "Controls." Do not touch the wheel or depress any pedals.
Select the "Accelerator" setting and press your wheel's accelerator. Select "Brake" and press the brake pedal. This binds the pedals to the acceleration and braking functions for Test Drive Unlimited.
Select "Left" and turn your wheel to the left then release. Repeat for "Right." This binds the steering wheel to the game's steering controls.
Select "Gear Up" and push your G25's gear shifter upward. Select "Gear Down" and push the shifter down. Bind the wheel's buttons "1," "2," "3," "4," "5," "6," and "7" to the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh gears in the game.
Select "Horn" and bind this control to "Paddle 1" on your wheel. Bind "Paddle 2" to the "Rear Look" command in the same way.
Set "Steering Sensitivity" and "Force Feedback" to maximum. These recommended settings can be changed later if you find the wheel's turning too powerful or the rumble effect too strong. Tick the box for "Enable Force Feedback."
Close the "Controls" window. Your G25 racing wheel is now set up for use with Test Drive Unlimited.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to fine-tune the sensitivity and intensity of force feedback effects for your wheel, close Test Drive Unlimited and open the Logitech Device Profiler in the "Logitech" section of your Windows Start Menu. Open the "Device" menu and choose "Configuration." Here you can test and tune the features of your wheel with more precision than allowed in the in-game menu.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for