Homemade deodorant has many benefits. Coconut oil effectively moisturises all skin types and helps to prevent dry and flaky skin. The oil helps soothe underarms where the skin can often become irritated. Commercial deodorant products contain preservatives and chemicals that can cause irritation and result in health risks due to the aluminium content. Making your own deodorant requires three basic ingredients, which makes it inexpensive.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
Add the baking soda and cornflour to a bowl. Mix the two ingredients together with a fork.
Pour 5 tbsp of coconut oil to the baking soda mixture slowly.
Use a spoon to mix the ingredients until a paste forms. Continue to stir until the deodorant reaches the desired thickness.
Place the deodorant into a container with a lid. You can also add the deodorant to an empty deodorant container.
Allow the deodorant to set for 24 hours.
Tips and warnings
- Purchase and use clear deodorant containers from beauty retailers to store your deodorant.
- Add 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel to give the deodorant natural healing properties.
- If your skin appears irritated or a rash develops, immediately stop using the deodorant.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for