Getting transparency prints done at a copy shop can be expensive, especially if you don't get the results you want the first time. Fortunately, it is fairly simple to print photos on transparency film at home. This is a much cheaper option and allows for more customisation.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Printable transparency sheets
Purchase printable transparency film. This can be found at most office supply stores. Make sure to pay attention to whether the transparency is for inkjet or laser jet printers and choose the appropriate format.
Select the photo you want to use and open it with photo editing software.
Darken the photo slightly and adjust the contrast levels. A photo will normally print slightly lighter and with less contrast than usual on a transparency sheet, so adjust the levels on the photo accordingly.
Load the transparency sheet in your printer. For most sheets, it does not matter which direction you load it into the printer. However, check the box for instructions on how to insert the sheet properly.
Go to your printer settings and select the transparency print option if available. If not, most printers will have choices such as "Specialty papers" or "Deluxe photo papers." Choose one of these.
Select the highest printing quality available and press "Print." Allow the photo to dry completely after printing.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a printer with a photocopy option, you can copy non-digital photos directly onto the transparency sheet. You can also scan old photos to a digital file.
- Request permission to use the photos you are working with if you do not own the images.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for