Computer games have kept people busy at work, school or home, often when they should be doing something less fun. One such game, “Spider Solitaire,” comes installed with most versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Yet if you find that you cannot locate the program on your computer, you can try to install it by using your computer’s Control Panel.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista or 7)
Go to the “Start” menu. Click on the “Control Panel” option.
Find the “Add or Remove Programs” option. Double-click on it. You will then pick the “Add or Remove Windows Components” option on the left-hand menu. The “Windows Component Wizard” will appear, enabling you to choose from a menu.
Highlight the first selection, “Accessories and Utilities.” Click on “Details.”
Highlight the “Games” selection if the box to the left of it is unchecked. Click on “Details.” You will see a few games with boxes to the left of them; click on the checkbox next to “Spider Solitaire”
Click “OK.” The game will now install to your computer.
Click on the “Start” menu and locate the “Control Panel.” Click on it.
Click on “Programs and Features” from the menu presented in the “Control Panel” window.
Find the option “Turn Windows Features On or Off” in the left-hand menu.
Click on the plus sign at the left of the “Games” option to expand and show the list of games you can install. Toward the bottom, you will see “Spider Solitaire.” Click on the check mark next to this option.
Click “OK.” “Spider Solitaire” will now install to your computer.
Tips and warnings
- If you find that after you follow these steps or if you use a different operating system than Windows, Spider Solitaire is not installed on your computer, you can try finding a download of the game by searching online. Most websites offering these downloads give a free trial run of the game for a limited time.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for