Curtain rings allow you to suspend simple hemmed panels from clips on a decorative curtain rod. These rings are typically fairly plain, made of metal, plastic or wood. Crochet curtain rings to coordinate them to your curtains, add character to your windows, or make cheap curtain rings look custom. Use the same technique to cover shower curtain rings for a custom look.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Curtain rings
- Yarn in the weight of choice
- Crochet hook, sized for yarn
- Yarn needle
- All purpose glue (optional)
Wrap the yarn around your left hand, holding the plastic ring and a 3- to 4-inch yarn end between your left thumb and forefinger. Pass the hook through the curtain ring and pull up a loop of yarn. Wrap the yarn over the hook and pull a loop through, securing the working yarn to the curtain ring with a slip stitch and leaving a single loop on your crochet hook.
Reach through the curtain ring and pull up a second loop. Yarn over the hook and pull the yarn through both working loops on your hook forming a single crochet stitch.
Pass the hook through the curtain ring and pull up a loop. Wrap the yarn around the crochet hook, then pull through both loops on the hook to form another single crochet. Continue, pushing the stitches together as you work, until the ring is densely covered in crochet to either side of the clip or opening if you are making a crochet curtain ring for a shower curtain.
Cut your yarn, leaving a 3 to 4 inch tail. Thread each yarn end onto the yarn needle and pass through the stitches on the crocheted curtain ring. Trim away the excess.
Apply a drop of clear all-purpose glue to each end of your crocheted curtain ring if it is an open-style ring to prevent the stitches from slipping.
Tips and warnings
- Work with cotton crochet thread and a small hook for smaller curtain rings or a more formal look. Bulkier yarn and a larger hook will produce cute, casual curtain rings.
- Hand wash your curtain rings when necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for