Considered manufactured or man-made fabrics, rayon and nylon, though durable, are both prone to wrinkles. They also contain fibres that react in unexpected ways to heat and moisture. Rayon, for example, tends to shrink or stretch when wet. For this reason, you must care for these fabrics carefully to avoid damaging them. To remove wrinkles from rayon and nylon, carefully press these heat-sensitive fabrics with a warm iron at its lowest setting.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Rayon fabric
- Nylon fabric
- Ironing board
- Press cloth
Set the iron to a synthetic (low-heat) setting and allow it to warm up. Turn the steam off to avoid water spots on the rayon fabric.
Turn the rayon fabric to the wrong side and place it onto the ironing board.
Cover the rayon fabric with a press cloth and iron it lightly with the warm iron. Do not allow the iron to sit in one place on the rayon fabric to avoid scorching the fabric.
Get Wrinkles out of Rayon
Set the iron to the lowest heat setting with light steam. Allow the iron to warm up.
Place the nylon fabric onto the ironing board and iron the fabric with the warm iron.
Hang the nylon fabric item immediately on a hanger to avoid future wrinkles.
Get Wrinkles out of Nylon
Tips and warnings
- If you are washing and drying rayon, remove the fabric from the dryer while it is still slightly damp. Hang the damp fabric, smoothing it carefully on the hanger. This will eliminate many wrinkles.
- If you are washing and drying nylon, remove the fabric from the dryer immediately when the cycle ends to avoid unnecessary wrinkles.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for