One of the factors buyers should consider when buying a laptop is the size of the laptop's screen. Electronic stores and other stores that sell laptops list a size for the available laptops in advertisements and listings. You may want to double-check the listed laptop screen size if you believe the actual size of the screen is smaller than the listed size. Knowing the exact size of a laptop screen is also important if you plan to transport the laptop in a bag or other carrier.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
Place the end of the measuring tape at one corner of the laptop screen.
Hold the end of the measuring tape in the corner of the screen.
Stretch the other end of the measuring tape diagonally to the opposite corner of the laptop screen. For example, if you started measuring in the bottom-left corner of the screen, stretch the measuring tape to the top-right corner of the screen.
Read the measurement marking on the tape that is closest to the second corner (the top-right corner in the example mentioned in Step 3) of the screen. This is the correct size of the laptop screen.
Tips and warnings
- Remember to only measure the laptop screen and not the border or casing that surrounds the screen. The laptop border/casing does not determine the size of the actual laptop screen size.
- Be gentle when pressing the measuring tape along the laptop screen to avoid damaging the screen.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for