Do you love everything about your dining room table except its height or can't afford to buy a new one? Raising the height of your dining room table is simple to do and will only cost a fraction of the price of a new table. Furniture risers are ideal because they work not only for beds (most are sold as bed risers) but will work with dining room tables as well by raising the height 3 to 5 inches. You can purchase furniture risers on the Internet or at your local bed and bath store or hardware store. Furniture risers come in a variety of styles and finishes, from painted to wood tones, so you are bound to find a colour and style that will complement your dining room table.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Set of furniture risers
- Measuring tape (optional)
Move the chairs away from the table and open your package of four furniture risers.
Lift one end of the dining room table while your assistant places one furniture riser beneath each leg. Carefully lower that end until the two legs are balanced on the furniture risers.
Carefully lift the other end of the dining room table, place the remaining furniture risers beneath each leg and lower the table. Make sure each leg is centred on each furniture riser before putting the chairs back in place.
Tips and warnings
- If your dining room table rests on a dark carpet, you might choose a dark-coloured set of furniture risers that will blend in with the carpet. Conversely, if you have a light carpet, choose a light-coloured furniture riser.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for