Sony has a long history of manufacturing quality gaming controllers, with the DualShock, DualShock 2, Sixaxis, and DualShock 3. Conversely, PC gaming controllers are often cheap and clumsy. However, just as it is possible to use an Xbox 360 controller with a PC, it is possible to connect a Sixasis or DualShock 3 PS3 controller to your computer and use it as a gaming pad.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PS3 controller
- USB cable
Download the driver software by clicking on the link in References below.
Unpack the file and install the "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe" file.
Plug in the PS3 controller via the USB cable to your PC. Drivers will automatically install.
Run "ps3sixasis_en.exe" and press the "PS" button on your PS3 controller.
Calibrate the controller. From the Control Panel in the "Start" menu, go to "Hardware and Sound," "Game Controllers" and then "Properties." Click on the PS3 controller and go to "Settings" and "Calibrate." The PS3 controller will now be recognised and register as a gaming controller.
Tips and warnings
- For some games, some functions on the PS3 controller will not function properly.
- These steps will work with a Sony Vaio running Microsoft XP or Vista.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for