Do not waste any more time hand making place cards for your parties and get-togethers. Design and print your own using your home computer and printer instead. Using basic software, you can create any theme, colour or design for your place cards that will match any occasion or event.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Word processing software (i.e. Microsoft Word or Works Word Processor)
- Card stock
- Scissors or a paper cutter
Open an 8.5 inch by 11 inch document in any word processing software.
Click on "Table" in the menu at the top of the page and select "Insert Table". Select five rows and two columns. Change the row height to 1.75 inches and click "OK."
Type a name in each box of the table to create place cards. Change the font by clicking on "Format" and choosing "Font." Select a font, style, colour and size that you like from the popup menu and then click "OK."
Insert an image in each cell to add decoration to the place cards. Go to "Insert" and select "Picture." Choose an image from the clip art file in your software or select a file and use a photo of your own instead.
Right click on the image and select "Copy." Click in each of the remaining cells and then right click again to paste the image on each card.
Place a sheet of card stock in to the printer and then select print in the document. Follow the directions on the popup page to print the place cards.
Cut the individual place cards out of the card stock using scissors or a paper cutter.
Tips and warnings
- Add a quick handmade touch to the place card by gluing them to decorative paper or coloured card stock.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for