Web browsers commonly offer an auto fill feature, which allows your computer to remember the information you enter on web pages so it will automatically appear the next time you visit the site. When you click in the "e-mail" box on Facebook's login page, a list of previously entered e-mail addresses is displayed. If you would like to remove an e-mail address from the Facebook login page, you can quickly and easily do so.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Go to the Facebook login page, and click in the "e-mail" box.
Highlight the email address that you want to delete. Use the down arrow on the keyboard, or use your mouse to place the cursor over the address without clicking.
Click the "Delete" button on your keyboard to remove the email address.
Select "Tools" from the Internet Explorer menu.
From the Tools menu, click on "Internet Options," then on "General."
Select "Delete" under "Browsing History." Check "Form Data," and then click "Delete."
Select "Tools" from the Firefox menu.
Choose "Clear Recent History." Make sure the "Time range to clear" option is set to remove "Everything."
Expand the "Details" section, and make sure "Form and Search History" are checked.
Click "Clear Now" to delete your form data.
Tips and warnings
- If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer or Firefox and the highlight and delete method does not work, clearing your history should remove form data, including Facebook e-mail addresses.
- If you choose to delete all form data, you will also lose any information you have entered on other websites.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for