Presenting information using an overhead conveys a hands-on and interactive approach to teaching large and small groups. Some teachers consider transparencies an efficient alternative to electronic presentations because transparencies can be packaged in a folder and reused, without requiring a computer set-up. Inkjet printers such as ScanJet and Officejet produce attractive colour transparencies with a specific setting for transparency media. The HP Premium Inkjet Transparency Film contains a specific coating on a clear plastic sheet for ink to adhere to and quickly dry.
- Skill level:
Make sure the drivers and utilities for the inkjet printer are installed on the computer.
Open the desired document (which launches the source application).
Select the "Print" function (usually located under "File" in the top menu bar).
Select the target printer and select the following printing options (usually found under "Page Setup" or "Options" in the Print menu): Paper size: 8-1/2" x 11" Paper type: HP Premium Inkjet Transparency Film or Inkjet transparency film Print quality: Normal or better (use "Best" for photos)
Load the sheets of transparency film in the paper tray so that the sticky or rough side is facing the side for printing and the white tab is facing the paper feed (so that the printer can grab this edge).
Click the "Print" button and wait for the printer to generate the printouts. The transparency film setting affects how quickly the paper is ejected from the printer to allow for sufficient drying time.
Tips and warnings
- Fan the edges of the transparency film to separate the edges for feeding into the printer.
- Avoid paper jams by inserting a maximum of 20 to 25 sheets of transparency film in the paper tray, or selecting the manual paper feed tray option on the Print menu.
- Print one page to confirm the film is correctly placed in the paper tray.
- Insert blank pages between the printed transparencies to enhance readability, reduce smudging, and assist handling the plastic sheets.
- The ink may still be a bit damp so handle the transparency film carefully by the edges or the top border.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for