Morning depression is clinically referred to as Diurnal Mood Variation. It usually occurs as a secondary symptom from standard clinical depression and may take several attempts at treatment to cure completely. Many people suffer from this condition, and there are various steps you can take to combat morning depression.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Appointment with your physician
- Lavender essential oil
Visit your physician. Tell him all the symptoms you are experiencing and that you are feeling more depressed during the morning hours. He can prescribe one of many antidepressants to help your condition. It usually takes about two weeks for antidepressants to begin working, as you must maintain a certain level of these drugs in your body in order to feel results, and this is not achieved immediately.
Take your antidepressant exactly as prescribed and at the same time each day to reach appropriate blood serum levels.
Buy a bottle of lavender essential oil at a health food store. It is believed that lavender oil naturally calms and relaxes the body, reducing stress, anxiety, and depression. Breathe in a small amount of this aroma, a few times throughout the day.
Avoid caffeine, alcohol and fatty foods, especially before going to bed at night. These are stimulants, which prevent a proper night's sleep and increase anxiety and depression.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. During sleep, your body repairs damage and strengthens the immune system. Not getting enough sleep can make depression worse.
Talk therapy is recommended by many physicians for morning depression. Talking to a friend, relative, or therapist can help you determine what is causing your symptoms so that you may eliminate the problem.
How to Combat Morning Depression
Tips and warnings
- Keeping a journal can be therapeutic in dealing with depression. You can write anything you'd like in your journal, and no one has to read it but you. If you like however, you can share it with your physician to give him a better idea of your thoughts, actions, and symptoms.
- Depression is a common condition, which affects thousands of people. It is imperative that you seek medical treatment from a licensed physician to treat and cure depression. If you have suicidal thoughts, call 911 immediately.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for