Gift tokens are often given as holiday gifts to customers, employees, friends or family members. If this is something you want to do, making a gift token template to use will allow you to create these holiday gift tokens without difficulty. You can design a customised template with Microsoft Publisher using the handy wizard included in it. You will be asked to decide on various features of the layout and you can add your own text and graphics too.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Office (optional)
- Graphics (optional)
Start the Microsoft Publisher program. Locate "Gift Tokens" on the list under Wizards in the Microsoft Publisher Catalog that opens when you launch Publisher.
Use the scroll bar on the right to view the various templates available. Select one that you can use for your holiday gift token. Remember you can change it later, so simply find one to work with.
Click on "Start Wizard." You will see the gift token on the right side, which changes as you select your layout. Click on "Next."
Choose a colour scheme. Pick one that goes with the specific holiday for your gift token, such as red for Valentines Day or Christmas and green for St. Patrick's Day. Click on "Next."
Decide if you want your certificates to be printed with three on a page or one centred in the middle. Click on "Next."
Pick the personal information to include on the gift token. Add this information now, if you have not done so previously in another Microsoft program. Change any of the details using the "Update" button. Click on "Finish."
Return to and change any of your selections through picking it from the list on the left. Click on specific text or graphics on the gift token to modify it or delete it.
Add more text, clip art or pictures using the corresponding "Tool" available in Microsoft Publisher. Place it on the certificate where you want it.
Check over the holiday gift token and make all changes needed. Highlight and then delete any parts you do not want.
Click on "Save As" found under "File" on the menu bar. Click on the down arrow by the "Save as type:" and choose "Publisher Template."
Type in an appropriate name for the template you created in the "File name" text box space. Click "Save" to add this template to your collection.
Tips and warnings
- Go to Microsoft Office Online and use one of the gift token templates available there. These are offered for other Microsoft Office programs besides Publisher, such as Word and PowerPoint. Look over the templates for one that will work with the specific version of Office you own. Once you download the gift token template and open it, make sure you save it as a template again - as described previously.
- Download some of the pictures or clipart offered online at Microsoft Office, if you would like to add it to your holiday gift token template. This way you can choose any template to use and replace the graphics on it to match the specific holiday you need it for.
- Remember to save the holiday gift token as a template, after you make any changes to it. If you do not, you will not have a copy of the template to use in the future.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for