A wet look concrete sealant offers an easy, affordable way to breathe new life into ageing or unattractive concrete or asphalt. In addition to creating an even, glossy finish, a good-quality, water-based acrylic sealant can also seal and protect surfaces to prevent further damage or discolouration. If you want to have (or keep) your driveway, sidewalk, steps, porch or other outdoor site looking new and beautiful, a wet look concrete sealant is an ideal choice.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wet look concrete sealant
- Paint brush, roller or sprayer
- Cloth or sponge
Take a close look at the entire surface where you plan to apply the sealant. Look for big, noticeable stains or places where there is substantial damage, such as chipping or flaking.
Address any areas with serious damage by removing or replacing them. Clean up any significant stains using household cleansers or a product designed specifically for cleaning concrete or asphalt. Be sure the surface is completely dry before you proceed to step 3.
Apply the sealant using a brush, roller or sprayer. Try to apply an even coat over the entire surface, even where changes in texture and porosity require thinner or thicker coverage.
Using a cloth or sponge, wipe up any excess sealant that doesn't soak into the surface after several minutes.
Let the sealant dry for at least two hours, and then evaluate the coverage. If desired, you can apply a second coat at this point for additional protection or a higher-gloss finish.
Tips and warnings
- You can see if your surface is porous enough for ideal results by dripping water onto it. If the water soaks in, the surface should soak up the sealant well.
- Wait at least 30 days before applying wet look concrete sealant to fresh concrete.
- If you expect your work site to encounter rain, high humidity or cold temperatures (below 10 degrees Celsius) in the next 24 hours, do not apply the sealant.
- In the event of eye contact, rinse thoroughly with water. If you accidentally ingest the sealant, get medical help immediately.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for