Replacement remote key fobs for Honda vehicles can be purchased from a dealership or online from websites such as keyless-remotes.com. Factory branded key fobs purchased from Honda dealers cost more but can be programmed by a Honda technician at the time of purchase. Key fobs bought online, however, can be programmed by the vehicle owner.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Enter the vehicle after making all doors are closed with the ignition key and remotes to be programmed available. Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position. Press and hold either the "lock" or "unlock" button on the remote for one second. Release the button on the remote and turn the key in the ignition to the "off" position. Repeat this process two additional times.
Turn the key in the ignition to the "on" position. Press and hold the "lock" or "unlock" button on the remote for one second and wait for the door locks to lock and unlock automatically. The cycling of the door locks indicate the vehicle has entered remote programming mode. If the door locks do not cycle, repeat all previous steps to enter programming mode before proceeding.
Press and hold the "lock" or "unlock" button on the remote for one second. Release the button and wait for the door locks to cycle automatically indicating the remote was programmed successfully. Repeat this process for additional remotes that need programming, including older remotes that worked previously.
Exit remote-programming mode by turning the key in the ignition to the "lock" position. Test each remote programmed by using it to lock and unlock the vehicle doors.
Tips and warnings
- Perform all steps within five seconds of the previous step to make sure the vehicle enters and remains in remote-programming mode.
- Program all remotes to be used with the vehicle together, including reprogramming any existing remotes that functioned prior to entering remote-programming mode.
- The steps provided are general instructions for programming key fobs for most Honda vehicles. Some vehicles require that the key fobs be programmed by a Honda technician. If the steps provided do not work with your vehicle, consult a Honda dealership for remote programming.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for