Cocoa butter and rose face cream is a simple, easy to make skincare product that will help heal damaged skin, particularly during the fall and winter months when cold winds and central heating wreak havoc on the skin. Homemade skincare products have other benefits as well. They often cost much less than commercially available products, which may contain unnecessary additives and preservatives to help stabilise them during the long shipping and shelving process. This recipe makes enough face cream for about one week if used every day.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 tsp beeswax
- 1 cup rose water
- 2 tbsp glycerine
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- 4 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp tea tree oil
- 30 drops essential rose oil
- 15 drops essential chamomile oil
- 2 cups water
- small glass jar
Pour 1 cup of water into a large saucepan. Pour an additional cup of water into a second large saucepan and bring both pans of water to a boil.
Place the beeswax in a heat-proof measuring cup and place it in one of the large saucepans of boiling water. Add the cocoa butter to the beeswax once it has melted, and stir.
Put the rose water and glycerine in a separate heat-proof measuring cup and place it into the other saucepan to warm.
Add the almond oil, jojoba oil and tea tree oil to the measuring cup with the beeswax and cocoa butter and stir thoroughly to combine.
Transfer the contents of the saucepan with the oils to a small mixing bowl and add the rose water and glycerine drop by drop, stirring constantly. Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
Add the essential rose oil and chamomile oil to the mixture and stir thoroughly to combine. Transfer the final mixture to a small glass jar and keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours before first use.
Tips and warnings
- To use, apply the cream to the face before bed, letting the skin naturally absorb the cream without wiping it off.
- Avoid mixing or storing any homemade cosmetics or skincare products in an aluminium container, as there is some concern that heavy metals will enter the final product.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for