One of the newer trends in kitchen remodelling is the integrated dishwasher, designed to look just like any other cabinet in the kitchen. Fully integrated dishwashers are completely concealed by a cabinet door, while semi-integrated dishwashers are partially concealed. A standard dishwasher can be transformed into the integrated look by either purchasing a dishwasher cover kit or attaching an existing cabinet door to the front of the unit.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dish soap
- 120-grit sandpaper
- PL400 construction adhesive
- Caulking gun
- Hand clamps
Clean the front of the dishwasher door and the back of the cabinet door with dish soap. Let dry completely
Lightly sand the front of the dishwasher door and back of the cabinet door. Wipe off any excess sanding debris.
Use the caulking gun with PL400 construction adhesive and spread an even layer on the back side of the cabinet.
Position the cabinet door in place on the dishwasher door.
Hold the cabinet door to dishwasher door with the hand clamps. Let dry for 24 hours.
Tips and warnings
- Use a small piece of cardboard to help spread the PL400 so your hands do not get dirty.
- Open a window or turn on a fan when working with PL400 to dissipate any fumes from the adhesive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for