Changing your hair colour is a fast and easy way to give yourself a new look or to make yourself appear younger. Hair dye has its disadvantages of course. It contains harsh chemicals, it weakens and dries out the hair cuticle and it's expensive. Many people don't know that there are natural alternatives to hair dye, one of which is sage. While sage can only darken your hair colour, it does so with out sacrificing the health of your hair.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup dried sage
- Quart of water
- Large Pot
- 170gr lavender oil
Bring the quart of water to boil in a large pot. Add the dried sage and continue to boil for 30 to 60 minutes. The colour of the water darken as the sage further steeps.
Allow the tea to cool, and standing in your bathtub or leaning over your bathroom sink, ladle the mixture throughout your hair repeatedly. As you're seeking to change your hair colour with something as gentle as an herb you will have to repeat this process as many as twenty times to reach your desired darker shade. Rinse with cold water.
Consider add a few ounces of lavender oil to your hair directly before your final rinse. Sage has a strong smell, and the odour which comes from your hair, while not unpleasant, is not to everyone's favourite. Also, lavender oil will provide your hair cuticle and scalp with some extra moisture.
Tips and warnings
- This process may need to be repeated several times a month to maintain the dark colour.
- Be absolutely certain that you give the boiling tea enough time to cool before you apply it to your hair and scalp.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for