There is nothing better than freshly baked cookies, but nothing worse than discovering those cookies are burnt on the bottom due to uneven baking. Convection microwave ovens are ovens that circulate hot air throughout the oven during baking, resulting in completely even heat distribution, so you may never have this problem again. Convection oven cookies can be baked on all of the different racks in the microwave, and will always come out evenly baked. Sugar cookies are one type of cookie that can be made in the convection microwave.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup butter-flavoured shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Baking trays
- Cookie cutters
- Waxed paper
- Convection microwave oven
Preheat the convection microwave oven to 176 degrees C. Use butter or shortening to grease baking trays. Combine the brown sugar, white sugar and shortening, then beat in one egg at a time. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Mix the powder well, so that there are no clumps. Stir the dry mixture into the liquid mixture, and mix it until all of powders have dissolved and there are no lumps. Add the chocolate chips, folding them into the dough.
Use a tablespoon-sized spoon to make rounded balls of dough. Drop them onto the baking tray about one inch apart from each other. Fill additional baking trays with the cookies until the dough is gone, and place them on any of the racks in the oven, as the heat in the convection oven will bake them all equally.
Bake the cookies in the convection microwave oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until they are a golden-brown colour. Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
How to Bake Cookies in the Microwave
Tips and warnings
- Use any type of cookie recipe to make cookies in a convection oven. Simply adjust the baking time for the cookie to about 25 per cent of what the recipe calls for, and check them regularly the first time you bake them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for