Many people love to cook roasts and chickens, or bake cakes and other sweet concoctions in the oven for the whole family to enjoy. While the results are often delicious, the mess left behind is not nearly as pleasant. With a few household products, you can quickly and easily clean up greasy baking trays, get out of the kitchen and get back to the action of life.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paper towels
- Hot water
- Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
Pour off excess grease from the pan and wipe it with a paper towel.
Pour salt over the remaining grease on the pain. The salt absorbs much of the grease left on the pan. Wipe off with a paper towel or clean cloth.
Fill the tray with approximately 5 cm (2 inches) of water and return it to the oven to boil. Use less water on a shallow tray, but fill the tray to just below the lip.
Add 30 ml (2 tbsp) of baking soda -- also known as bicarbonate of soda -- to the water in the tray when it comes to a boil. Stir and place the tray back into the oven. The baking soda lifts the remaining grease from the pan.
Rinse off the baking soda water and grease. Wash normally.
Tips and warnings
- Boil the baking soda water for at least five minutes, or until the top of the water is covered with grease bubbles.
- Pouring grease down a sink can cause blockages. Use appropriate containers, such as old cans or plastic bottles, to dispose of the grease.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for