The Doggie Dooley® is a product that allows dog owners to get rid of the dog's excrements and turn it into fresh compost that can be used on flowers and in the yard. For those who want to get creative and make their own dog poop composter, all you need is a place to put it and a few easy to find materials, and you are on your way to having fresh compost.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Old 32 gallon garbage can
- Small stones/gravel
- Hand saw
- Septic starter
Turn the garbage can over and cut out the bottom with the hand saw. Discard the bottom.
Drill about 20 small holes in the body of the garbage can with the drill.
Dig a hole with the shovel that is the same dimensions as the garbage can. Make sure that the garbage can will fit into the hole.
Place the small stones or gravel into the hole. These will provide drainage for the final product.
Begin adding dog poop along with the septic starter. A small amount of septic starter should be added along with each addition to the garbage can. Use the lid to cover the can.
Tips and warnings
- Dig the hole in a spot that will benefit from the compost that is being made in the composter.
- You can also add grass clippings and other organic waste to your creation.
- Do not use this compost on vegetable gardens or any item that will be consumed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for