Your 7-year-old girl will be delighted to have new decor in her room. With a multitude of decorating options to choose from, you're sure to find one that stays within your budget and your child's preferences. Involve your daughter in the decorating process by giving her choices and letting her help.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Comforter and sheet set
- Floor rug
- Trash can
Determine your budget. Decide how much money you are comfortable spending on your 7-year-old girl's room. Your budget will dictate the type of decorations you choose.
Consult with your daughter. Determine her favourite colours and any theme she would like in her room. Choose decorations that go with what your daughter wants. Be open to her selections and input.
Decide how long the decor needs to last. If you expect your 7-year-old girl to outgrow the decorations in a few years, opt for accents that are easy to replace.
Choose the bedding. The bed is the focal point and the largest piece of furniture in most bedrooms. Consider choosing a solid colour that your 7-year-old girl prefers and accenting the bedding with themed sheets or pillows of her choice. Let your daughter select the sheets or bedding, or give her a choice of a few options you have narrowed down.
Paint the walls. If they need repainting, do them in a coordinating colour that your daughter likes, or keep the walls white and accent them with posters of her favourite theme.
Choose furniture. If your daughter needs new furniture, bring the room dimensions with you when you shop. Choose furniture that will still work as your daughter gets older.
Accessorise. Add items that will pull together the room and enhance the theme. Try a colourful trash can, a bookshelf or accent pillows on the bed. If your daughter wants a themed rug, consider an area rug if she is choosing a theme she may outgrow.
Tips and warnings
- Consider letting your daughter assist in painting the room or placing the decorations. Her excitement about her new room will mount.
- Some popular themes for 7-year-old girls are princess, floral and dancing.
- When you let your daughter help select her room decor, be prepared to let her have things that you would not choose for her.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for