AnyDVD is a program used on Windows-based computers to circumvent copy protection software found on commercially available DVDs. Though the technology used by the software is not inherently illegal, using AnyDVD to make an unauthorised copy of a DVD is. AnyDVD's website (see References) offers a trial version of the program for people curious before they buy. This offers a fully functional version of the software for an extended period of time.
- Skill level:
Access the Windows Control Panel. If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on the "Start" menu and select the "Control Panel" option. If you're using Windows XP or earlier, click on the "Start" menu, select the "Settings" menu and then click on "Control Panel."
Enter the utility used by Windows to uninstall software. In Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on the "Programs and Features" icon inside the Control Panel. If you're using Windows XP or earlier, click on the "Add or Remove Programs" icon. Both of these methods will open the same utility.
Click on "AnyDVD" one time and select the "Remove" button to completely uninstall AnyDVD from your computer.
Download a new version of the AnyDVD trial version from the AnyDVD website.
Double-click on the file you've just downloaded to install a clean copy of AnyDVD on your computer. You will be able to use it for the full trial period once again.
Tips and warnings
- The trial period of AnyDVD is designed to give users the opportunity to try the software before they put out their hard-earned money to buy it. If you like AnyDVD enough that you want to extend the trial period, the honest thing to do would be to simply buy a legal copy of the program.
- In recent versions of AnyDVD, software developer SlySoft has removed the capability to extend the AnyDVD trial period past its original expiration date. If attempts to extend the trial period do not work, there is no other legal alternative.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for