We all have that favourite pair of jeans that has become like a best friend. When glue gets on them, finding the best way to remove it can seem like mission impossible. No one wants to throw out those comfy denims because of gluey stuff. Here are a few tips that will help you remove the glue and rescue your jeans from the dumpster.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Acetone nail polish remover
- Cotton balls
- White or light-coloured cloth or towel
- Goo Gone
Soak a cotton ball in acetone nail polish remover.
Apply the cotton ball to the area ensuring that the glue spot is entirely saturated with the acetone nail polish remover.
Wash out the area using detergent and water. This will help to remove the smell of the acetone from the jeans. Let it dry and see if the glue has been completely removed.
If any residue of glue is left, apply a small amount of Goo Gone to the area. Repeat this process at least five times if necessary. Allow at least three to five minutes for the residue to disintegrate.
Blot the area with a clean white or light-coloured cloth or towel.
Launder the jeans with detergent and water separately from other clothing and let it dry.
Tips and warnings
- If you prefer not to use acetone nail polish on your jeans, just try using the Goo Gone and complete steps 5 through 8. Leave the Goo Gone on the stained area for up to eight minutes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for