Release a John Guest pipe fitting to install a new pipe, or to access the water system for repairs and maintenance. John Guest pipe fittings are reusable, so they don't have to be replaced every time a pipe is detached. Remove pipes from John Guest fittings with the confidence of knowing they will make leakproof connections when the pipes are replaced.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Slotted screwdriver or collet release tool
Turn off the water supply running through the section of pipe that holds the fitting you plan to open. Release the pressure from the system by opening a spigot or pressure release valve.
Push the inner collet around the pipe inward toward the pipe fitting. Use a special collet release tool, a slotted screwdriver or your fingers to push in the collet.
Hold the collet pressed against the fitting. Pull the pipe straight out of the connector sleeve.
Tips and warnings
- Inspect the O-ring on a used pipe before reinstalling it into a John Guest fitting. A serviceable O-ring helps ensure against leaks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for