Rubber tip gum stimulators are simple devices that fit over a parent's finger. The parent rubs the nubby tip over a baby's gums to simulate brushing and get the child used to an oral hygiene routine. The rubbing also helps stimulate blood flow to the gums and makes the process of teething easier and less painful. Any new parent should have no difficulty in learning this quick care procedure.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rubber tipped gum stimulator
Wash your hands thoroughly, then slip the rubber gum stimulator onto your index or middle fingertip.
Hold your baby with the opposite arm and tickle her chin or cheek to get her to open her mouth.
Wet the tip of the stimulator with a bit of warm water. Starting at the back of the baby's bottom gums, begin massaging and rubbing the tops and sides of each gum gently.
Continue massaging the baby's gums for about 60 seconds, moving around the bottom gum and up to the top.
Wash the stimulator with warm water and dry thoroughly to prevent mould.
Tips and warnings
- Distract a fussy baby with songs or funny faces while you complete the gum massage.
- Replace the stimulator at the first signs of wear.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for