Dyson vacuum cleaners are known to be long-lasting and built with high-quality. Dyson vacuum cleaners have pre-motor filters to improve their performance and efficiency. These are lifetime filters: They need not be replaced, but instead they should be properly cleaned every six months. The filters are the same on the upright and cannister models; accessing them is just a little different.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Remove the filter housing from your Dyson vacuum. On Dyson upright vacuums, you can remove the filter housing by pulling out the dirt cannister. On cannister vacuums, you'll need to remove the plastic cover from the base.
Open the filter housing to access the filter and cage. Run the filter and the cage under cold water for a few minutes.
Wipe the filter with your hands with the water running. Keep doing this until the water from the filter runs clear.
Let the filter and cage dry for 12 to 24 hours. Make sure they are completely dry before reinstalling them in your Dyson vacuum cleaner.
Tips and warnings
- Clean your Dyson filter every six months. The filter is designed for lifetime use; if properly taken care of, it will never require replacement.
- Don't use soaps or solvents to clean your filter.
- Don't place it in an oven to dry it out. Try putting by a window or in a safe place outdoors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for