The best way to get rid of flying brown bugs in a house depends on the severity of the problem. An infestation of flying insects should be treated differently than three to four errant bugs. To borrow a military metaphor, don't drop a bomb when a rifle will do. Because many winged insects can be accurately described as flying brown bugs, it is also a good idea to find out what species you are dealing with.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Aerosol insecticde
- Bug bombs available at hardware and grocery stores.
- Box-type window fans
- Old newspapers
- Vacuum cleaner
Catch and kill one of the flying brown bugs to determine the species invading your house. Gnats, fleas and flies can be quickly exterminated with most types of chemical bug bombs, commonly known as a fogger or fumigator.
Buy aerosol spray formulated to kill flying insects if your brown bug problem is relatively minor. A few short bursts of spray in the presence of flying insects will kill them within seconds.
Use a fogger or fumigator for chronic bug problems that cannot be controlled through the occasional use of aerosol sprays. First, open all cabinets and drawers and close curtains to minimise hiding places.
Set out newspapers on the floor to protect the carpet or floor finish, then place a fogger in the centre of the newspapers.
Press the push-button trigger on top of the fogger to lock the can open and begin releasing insecticide.
Get out of the room quickly and close the door.
Wait at least three hours before returning to the room and opening all windows.
Place box fans in the windows pointing outward to air out the room and rid the space of any residual insecticide smell.
Vacuum up the dead bugs.
Tips and warnings
- Do not discharge insecticide fumigators or foggers in rooms with aquariums or other marine life. Most insecticides are toxic to fish.
- Get out of the room as quickly as possible and close the door after discharging an insecticide fogger.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for