Native to tropical areas including Indonesia and Papua New Guinea, the kratom plant can be used decoratively or medicinally. The seeds can be hard to come by, however, and the plant difficult to grow.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Kratom seeds
- Planting pot
Obtain seeds. They can be purchased online or at garden speciality stores.
Buy a pot. Kratom plants can grow to be nearly 50 feet tall, so you will be required to do extensive pruning. Decide what size you want to keep your plant and purchase a pot accordingly.
Select a soil that holds water. Kratom plants grow best in rain forest conditions and are extremely drought-sensitive.
Fill the pot with soil at least 3/4 of the way to the top. Lightly sprinkle between five and 10 seeds into the pot, depending on how large your pot is and how large you intend to let the plant grow.
Cover the seeds in a thin layer of soil so that they are not exposed to open air. Do not bury them too deeply--they will not have access to sunlight or proper air flow.
Water the seeds so that the soil is kept moist; continue to water twice a day.
Tips and warnings
- Kratom plants grow best in tropical areas. Be sure that you can raise the plant correctly before planting these seeds.
- Full-grown trees can also be purchased.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for