A wiper arm on a Toyota is a stamped steel piece that connects the wiper blade assembly to the drive motor. Ice, tree branches or heavy rains can sometime cause these pieces to bend and even break. Properly functioning windshield wipers are essential to operating a motor vehicle safely, and repairs should be made as soon as a problem arises.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Metric wrench set
Remove the wiper blade from the arm by lifting up on the spring release tab and pulling the blade assembly off the wiper arm.
Remove the acorn nut that secures the wiper arm to the pivot.
Gently pull the wiper arm upward and off the pivot.
Set the new wiper arm into position on the pivot.
Reinstall the acorn nut.
Slide the wiper assembly onto the arm until the spring tab engages.
Turn the windshield wipers on to make sure the movement of the blades does not interfere with the bodywork surrounding the windshield.
Tips and warnings
- If only one wiper are fails to function, tighten the pivot nut underneath the wiper arm.
- Do not turn on the windshield wipers on when the wiper arm is removed. This will disturb the alignment and cause the arms to slap against the bodywork surrounding the windshield.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for