It is possible to watch Indian TV channels on broadband without using a computer. Termed Broadband TV, this technology allows one to access multimedia content using a high-speed Internet connection such as cable, DSL ISDN or a T1 line, and view it directly on a television. Broadband TV allows viewers to access television and music programming that is usually not accessible through regular cable or satellite television services.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- a newer TV
- a BOMTV contract (this coms with a converter box and a remote control).
Best of Malayalam TV (or BOMTV.com) is a recently launched company in the United States that at this writing offers several channels in the south Indian language Malayalam.
- 2 <p>BOMTV.com has representatives in every state in the U.S. Contact your regional BOMTV representative and order service. A set-up package will be mailed to you that guides you through the installation process, which is basically plug and play.
First, turn off power to all sources. Then connect the BOMtv box to your Internet router and to your television set. Once that is done, power the system up and watch TV in the Malayalam language.
Setting up an Account
Tips and warnings
- BOMTV basic packages start at $14.95 and premium packages are priced at $24.95.
- Speeds of 1.5 MBPS and higher are needed for optimal performance.
- Do not place anything on the BOM TV box. It has been known to overheat.
- If your Internet service is provided via cable, regular cable and BOMTV have to "share" the bandwidth, which may cause slowing of the Internet connection.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for