Reasons for gluing PVC pipe range from minor home repair to creating a craft project. The powerful adhesive known as super glue bonds plastic together in a matter of seconds. There are several companies that make a form of super glue. Using super glue on PVC pipe is a simple task.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Clean the area of the pipe where the glue will go. In order for super glue to work, the surfaces need to be free of grease and dirt.
Apply the glue by pushing on the tube until the proper amount comes out. Super glue comes in small tubes with an applicator tip. Use approximately one drop per square inch of pipe.
Push the item that you're attaching to the PVC pipe onto the glue and hold for 15 to 30 seconds. In this short time the items bond together.
Avoid handling the pipe for 24 hours so the glue can completely cure.
Tips and warnings
- Avoid getting super glue on your hands. It quickly bonds skin together. If you do come into contact with the glue, soak your skin in warm water or acetone while gently wiggling or scrubbing.
- Super glue can be used as a quick fix for plumbing issues but it's best to use PVC cement for long-term solutions. Super glue is adequate when using for craft projects.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for