Laminate floors can lose their shine after time, especially if they are in high-traffic areas. After cleaning your floors, use a homemade or store-bought solution to bring out the shine in your laminate floor and make them look like new again.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 cup water
- Dish soap
Combine the vinegar, alcohol and water with a splash of dish soap in a large bucket. Mix well.
Clean the floors to remove any debris. Vacuum or sweep the entire area.
Test the solution on a small area of the laminate flooring, preferably in a less-visible area. Testing the solution will make sure it will not damage the colour of your laminate. Let the test solution sit for 10 minutes, and check.
Mop the rest of the solution over the entire floor.
Allow the solution to sit and dry for at least 20 minutes. Reapply, if needed.
Tips and warnings
- Clean your laminate floors regularly to maintain their lustre. Some specific brands of laminate flooring sell a solution that can bring the shine out in your laminate floors. These products are sold at most major hardware stores, or through the manufacturer directly.
- Testing the solution will assure that it does not damage your laminate. While the solution should not harm laminate, older flooring may have colours that can fade easily if they have previously been damaged.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for