Aluminium trailers are attractive and have a multitude of uses. When they become dirty and dingy, however, the shine dissipates and the overall appearance suffers. Cleaning aluminium trailers once a week will keep them looking their best, especially if your company is being represented by these trailers.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Aluminium cleaner
- Long-handled sponge squeegee
Attach the nozzle to the hose. Turn to mist or fine spray. Hose down the aluminium trailer. Remove the loose dirt and debris from each side as well as the top and bottom.
Spray aluminium cleaner such as MDR Amazon Aluminum Cleaner & Brightener or Mothers Wheel Mist on one side of the trailer. These products are available from local auto, home improvement and marine retail stores. Saturate the entire side of the trailer.
Scrub away the grime with the sponge squeegee. Start at the top and clean in rows. Rinse the squeegee frequently with the hose.
Repeat steps 1 through 3 for the remaining sides. This includes the top and the wheels of the trailer.
Completely hose down the trailer again to remove any soap residue.
Tips and warnings
- Spray the hose in crevices or gaps in the trailer. This eliminates hidden filth.
- Use only cleaning products safe on aluminium.
- Use a ladder to clean the roof of the trailer.
- Never use a hard spray while cleaning the aluminium trailer. This can form dents.