Orajel is a topical analgesic designed to stop toothaches and other pains that originate in the mouth. Orajel contains benzocaine, which numbs the part of the body it touches by blocking nerve signals that are telling your brain that you should be in pain. Orajel comes in several forms for adults and teething infants.
- Skill level:
Things you need
Brush your teeth so that your mouth is clean before you use Orajel. Make sure that you rinse your mouth out well so that no toothpaste residue remains.
Open the Orajel package and cut the tip off of the tube.
Squeeze a small amount of the Orajel on the pointer finger of your dominant hand.
Hold your mouth open with your free hand and carefully rub the gel on to the area of your mouth that is sore or experiencing an ache.
Wash your hands after you use the Orajel. If you don't wash your hands and you get the Orajel in your eyes, it can cause irritation and damage.
Re-apply as needed, but no more than four times per day.
Tips and warnings
- Wait one hour to eat after you use the Orajel in your mouth. This way you will be sure not to wash the medication off.
- You can overdose on this medication. It is important that you follow all of the directions on the Orajel label and never use more of the medication that you actually need.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for